Shaw Family Diary

This is the chronicles of the Shaw family. . .

Shaw Family Photo Page Shaw Family Video Page See Ya Love Ya page

Monday, March 24, 2008

Canon A300 display AWOL

Well, I was dealt a blow yesterday getting ready for Easter. My trustee, great Canon A300 would not display anything on the view finder. At first I didn't really worry too much as I could use the non-digital one and get my shots. Oh, but wait. The images weren't being displayed either. Ok, I had to get out the laptop to check the CF card. Yes indeed, the images were black too. I copied a few images onto the card to help identify if just the view finder was bad or it was much worse. It was much worse. The images I copied displayed just fine. So the camera itself has the issue. I powered it on and off several times. It didn't help. It was a complete let down. I had to take pictures on the cell phone. Oh, there's a great picture. Nothing can beat this Canon's picture. Well, right now it can.

There is hope. I checked Canon's website and they have a QA issue with a vendor if the CCD. It appears it is a free fix no matter what.

Canon Advisory

I've sent of an email in hopes to get this resolved quickly. I hope it is quick, as I'm getting picture withdrawal!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home