Shaw Family Diary

This is the chronicles of the Shaw family. . .

Shaw Family Photo Page Shaw Family Video Page See Ya Love Ya page

Friday, January 07, 2011

Lordy, Lordy, David's 40!

Ah, yes. Another year has come. But this is not just any other year. It is a milestone year! A milestone of what? My bones feel like a mile of stone sometimes. Ok, so it is a milestone - of some sort.

Perhaps a time to reflect on life, my life, is in order. It shall be an interesting journey. This will take time to sort. It's 40 years. Ok, more like 36 or so that I can pull from my memory cells. Ha! Since most societies view 8 years old as the first sign of responsibility to own your action of good and bad, perhaps 32 years of reflection. :) Who am I kidding. That is still a lot of time. Ugh, I feel heartburn kicking in now which is promptly being followed up by increase saliva gland production from reflux. Yea, I'm old! Well, that really is more of a dietary problem of mine. Well, that really isn't true. I know what the problem is, not choosing the right; caving in to temptation. That's what I'm really talking about here. Diving head first into the desires of the flesh. No, I don't mean lust - entirely. But figuratively the flesh. What I perceive to be my personal wants. This is elevated from human instinct. This is the area of personal "delights" that I've accumulated over the years to form my own opinion on how I want to be. The way I want to look, eat, and feel. Of coarse this is shaped by our best faux friend, society. Ah, the devil in disguise. Hmmmm.

So, how did I get here or there? What would I have changed? Do I know why I'm even here? What the heck is 42? I have done some good things, questionable things, and down right bad things. I hope and pray that as I take my introspect journey I find the I've at least balanced between the three, trending upward towards the good things. A cursory review tells me I have a lot of work to do to changes the scales of my personal good and evil. But nonetheless, I will look to improve while avoiding the enticing slippery slope. But, most of all, I pray that I'm honest with myself on this journey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home