Shaw Family Diary

This is the chronicles of the Shaw family. . .

Shaw Family Photo Page Shaw Family Video Page See Ya Love Ya page

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

God works in His own time: Water leaks

Wow, we had a fun surprise. Every morning or two Kris and I would hear a hissing sound in our dining room, behind the wall. It was wild . It would hiss and then stop within 30 minutes. As we thought about it, it was after my wife takes her sauna, hot as the sun, showers. Our builder stopped by the morning I emailed him, yesterday. With one word, he said water. I was shocked because I did not see any water pooling up. He mentioned that the hot water tank line ran behind that part of the wall. The chair railing that was added might have punctured the line. At first there is no issue as the water hose absorbs the nail. But as the nail rusts, the hole is left and the pressure pushes little pieces out. Then the hissing starts after the pressure is ramped up. Well, he was right. As he pulled the drywall back, bingo - hole with water. 10 minutes of plumber work and we are all fixed.

Not so fast. As the drywall repair guy stopped by today, he found another link in the cold water side. I was uptown at the time. I left my wife thinking a quick, simple repair was going to be done. Yea. That did not happen. She nicely sent me the picture below of the new leak and huge hole in the wall, which was now going to get bigger. My stomach turns thinking of all this work and how my wife is going to take it. Kris was awesome! It is what it is. And she is right.

I had several minutes to chat with everyone involved in the repair. I was surprised how everyone was so willing to help us. They felt bad for us that this had happened. I felt bad that the were working for us during the Christmas holidays. We all had great conversations and left in great moods!

Score, God's love!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home