Shaw Family Diary

This is the chronicles of the Shaw family. . .

Shaw Family Photo Page Shaw Family Video Page See Ya Love Ya page

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Finally - Cool Weather


It is about time. While today’s forecast is 80% rain, we are in the 70’s – a high of 74. Let me tell you how welcoming that is. On these hot days, over 90, we just couldn’t do much outside at all. Yes, I know places like AZ is around 115 or hotter. I use to live there too, but I’m acclimatized now. Jennifer is too small to sweat that much and Austin, well it just isn’t fair because he’d play till he fainted. Being cooped up inside is just not a Shaw thing to do. So this morning, I got the windows open and letting in the cool air.

Kris is up and out already this morning. She wants to get tickets to the consignment sale at the church. It is a big deal nowadays. You have to get tickets before you can even get in. So she has to be there at 0630est for tickets to a place that isn’t opening till 0830est. I think these folks should look at ticketmaster. LOL

I think I hear Jennifer. It is my morning so I may have to abruptly leave and get her. Of coarse, I like to let her play longer in her bed. Kris said at 0430est this morning, she was up and on her tummy. Too funny. I think I’ll have to lower the crib today just incase she starts to climb the sides. She is so tall, she’d flip right over.

OOooo, I hear a motor running. Maybe it is mom. YES. It was mom. She stopped in for a few minutes before the consignment sale opened up. She is so wonderful. I’m not sure anyone is as happy as I am.

Well, both kids are up now. We are watching the Duke on TV, AMCTV. Austin likes cowboys and Jenny is just swinging away watching too. Maybe it’s the music or the horse, but they are captivated for the time being. At the same time, I'm feeding Jenny some oatmeal baby food. Now Austin is following up with a bottle of water for her. It truly is great to see this interaction. She takes in the bottle for a few minutes then pushes it out. Austin reevaluates and reinserts the bottle. She takes it and for few seconds all is good, but pops it back out. At least it is a cycle they are both laughing about! Thank God for humor!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home