Shaw Family Diary

This is the chronicles of the Shaw family. . .

Shaw Family Photo Page Shaw Family Video Page See Ya Love Ya page

Thursday, December 03, 2009

Sariah's Recital

Sitting stage left waiting for Sariah's recital. We are hoping for a great show. I do hear the choir leader is a little over board. But all the students look well dressed. Let's see how it goes.

Ok, it is a day later and I've had a few to think more about it. The girls section of the co-ed class was an anemic program. The girls did great, but it was very light compared to the boys and the all girl choir. I was surprised by the uninspiring program. I expected so much more. The co-ed girls program was the shorts of them all by at least 30% and the girls were strangled from showing emotions. I even learned from the choir director herself that the co-ed choir class is not taught together, but split by sex. The 1.5 hour class is split; 45 minutes for the girls and 45 minutes for the boys. That means my daughter is wasting 45 minutes a day in this class. This is considered instructor lead? WTF?!? This school is the best school around and to see this make me question the leadership of that program, or perhaps their fine arts program overall. I’ve got an email into the Principal, Dean of Students, and the Choir director. I strongly feel the personnel in the athletic department would have done a far superior job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home