Shaw Family Diary

This is the chronicles of the Shaw family. . .

Shaw Family Photo Page Shaw Family Video Page See Ya Love Ya page

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Can an 8G SD Card Survive the Wash Cycle?

This morning I found an 8G SD card staring at me from on top of a heap of cloths after the wash cycle. It was accompanied by two coins; penny and nickle. The card was in the case, but it is not water proof. The card was damp to the touch. That speaks volumes to our spin cycle. :) I've got the card in a bag of rice on the windows sill to take advantage of the morning sun. This rice treatment is courteous of my friend Ben. I've read about his follies with electronics and its arch enemy, water. I'm thinking that since there is no moving parts we should be relatively safe from water damage to the card. But I took the precaution to let the rice try to soak up with is left. I'd like to make sure the camera doesn't get ruined if there happens to be some water sloshing around.

More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home