Shaw Family Diary

This is the chronicles of the Shaw family. . .

Shaw Family Photo Page Shaw Family Video Page See Ya Love Ya page

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Vegetable Garden???

We have been tinkering with the idea of planting a garden. Seriously, how cool would it be to eat the items you've grown? I'm really stuck on the idea. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure why I haven't thought of it earlier, seeing that I'm such a miser. We figured on a 10'x10' rectangle garden up against our fence with about a foot or two around the perimeter for walking. We'd like to plant some, carrots, squash, peas, pumpkin, etc. Since it was such a small garden, we thought we'd plant a few of each. No need to plant more then we can eat. Being wasteful is not cool. But mom told me we used to have vegetable parties with the relatives. Believe it or not, my father had us growing all kinds of vegetable in Phoenix, AZ. What an odd place to have a garden. But if it can grow there, it should grow anywhere. Well, except for those pecan sticks my dad bought. They were suppose to trees, but ended up being a victims of circumstance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home