Shaw Family Diary

This is the chronicles of the Shaw family. . .

Shaw Family Photo Page Shaw Family Video Page See Ya Love Ya page

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Blowing for Fun and Sore Thumbs

We took a few after work days to hit the lanes! Dad needed to relax and the kids needed and outlet. We all thank Mom for the wonderful gift of love she selflessly spreads on us! We didn't know it would be two days in a row, but mom works in mysterious ways! Thursday we did Northcross Lanes. Not a bad joint. It was nice. Had the usual snack bar, lots of lanes, arcade area (do they still call it that), lounge, and I believe I also saw a daycare area in side. That was new for me. I see even the bowling alley is trying to accommodate the working parent(s). We had gotten two lanes, one with bumpers and one without. Austin was on the bumper lane with Sariah. Mom and I were on the other. As we finished each game, we would switch. Austin, and mom, Sariah and I, so on and so forth. It was fun to watch the kids play. Sariah is really good! She got a few strikes and spares. Austin did great too for 4. He would walk up there and heaving the ball down the lane. No, he doesn't use the holes in the bowling ball. He just throws it down the lane as if it were a basketball. Yes, it bounces a few ties, but it is funny! He even got a strike! Mom was showing us her stuff too. Strikes, spares, splits, and a nice butt! The whole experience was relaxing for me, expect for mom's butt part! That was doing the opposite for me. The turmoil!!! You know, Jennifer helped out too by sleeping. So it was all good.

Friday we hit the lanes again. This time, it was cosmic bowling. All the lights were off!!! Now, that was cool. The black light was the only light, oh, and the occasional strobe light. So the pins would be glowing at the end of the lane. It was bowling as much as you want between 2-5 I think. So we let it go. Game after game after game. One bumper lane again, and one not. Instead of switching so much, Sariah and Krissy played on both lanes. Now that was fun. You had scores with and without the bumpers. Let me tell you, the bumper lanes are fun! Once we finished there, the kids had some tokens to burn at the arcades. More tickets. These kids love to get the tickets now! Austin runs around throw his hands in the air saying, “I’m a winner. I’m a winner. Yahoo! I’m a winner!” It’s awesome!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home