Shaw Family Diary

This is the chronicles of the Shaw family. . .

Shaw Family Photo Page Shaw Family Video Page See Ya Love Ya page

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Car in shop: Thank the Lord

Took the car in to replace the ac belt, which I had cut back in the winter. There was a grind noise and I didn't want to spend 1k to fix the ac. So, cut the belt. Yes, I'm thrifty. Now, the kids and I are getting a little sweaty in the morning during our routine. I made an appointment to get the belt replace and just bear with the noise until the ac broke.

We'll, on the way over the temp pegged out on the high side. I've never seen the car get past halfway. I had to spot twice at different gas stations for the 20 mile trip. I was just waiting for a hose to burst. I was nervous with kids in the car. It's one thing for me to have an issue on the side of the freeway, but not with kids. Not that I couldn't handle it, but more vulnerable then I wanted to be. We got to the station and had to wait out the diagnoses. Know it was going to take more than an hour, we trekked the half mile to Monroe Mall. They had ac and sodas! :). It is a small mall. I wasn't very hopeful that I'd be able to keep the kids interest until I got the call on the car being fixed. At the very end of the mall, like blinking past RI on a drive, we ran into a huge inflate bounce area. Kids are in!

Kris meet us at noon. Yes, still at the mall - ugh. We got a bite to eat at CFA. The report at the time was that the car was pushing fluid out. Perhaps a head gasket issue. That should be like 1.5k. Oh yes. That is better than the ac replacement. Well, after lunch. Kris offered to take the kids. Jenni had a gymnastic to get to at 3. However, Austin opted to stay! Cool. Me and the boy suffering time together! :)

We find out the temp issue was just a thermostat! YES, way cheaper. On top of that they had the belt on and found the tension pulley was making the grinding. So I said order it. Great they said. It will be here at 4. Ugh, more time! But if this is it, I don't have to get a new car. That is what I was planning to do. I've been looking for the past month. Not looking to pump out 10k on another case of issues. So, if the mechanic is right, I'm out a few bucks, long run cheaper than the plans I had.

So, I was pushed to have father an son time and we did have a great time. At one point he had drained out his DS, we both played, and started using my crackberry to play brickout. I think that is what it is called. I was able to use the mute on the bluetooth ear piece and let him play! We talked about everything and even watched the ESP/POR football game. Austin thought men hugging after talking their shirts off was weird. Sports I said. :)Awesome!!!

The Lord does work in mysterious ways!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home