Shaw Family Diary

This is the chronicles of the Shaw family. . .

Shaw Family Photo Page Shaw Family Video Page See Ya Love Ya page

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Cream Brulee Breakfast for two

Today was great. Jennifer did have a few moments throughout the night, but all was still good. We all got up and headed to school for Austin. He is so excited to be there! Kind of makes us sad, but it is for HIS better good.


We dropped by our local Chick-fil-a to get the morning tea before our walk at Northlake’s mall. During the walk, we saw this advertisement for a Cream Brulee Latte at Borders Books. It looked good. We decided that after our 30 minute walk through the mall, we'd split one. Little goals are the key to large milestone accomplishments. At least that is what I tell myself. ;)
While ordering, I decided add a slice of lemon cake to go with the latte, Kris thought I was joking. The thoughts were so rampant I even asked Kris to get a book that I could read to her. What?!? Were did that come from? It just rolled out of my mouth. For those of you that are new to me, I'm not a big fan of reading non-technical books. Fiction is just that and not worth my time to labor through hundreds of pages that I'll never comprehend properly because I don't have a great imagination without the help of visual aids, lots of them! Well, Kris picked a book by Kay Hooper. I've seen her read her books over the years. They must be powerful because I've seen a large array of emotions from Kris as she reads these books. I can't image why, but she does. The book's title was Chill of Fear. I liked reading out loud to Kris. It was cool. She would blurt out, "How old is so and so", "What was she thinking", and this made me think about it. The reading out loud and Kris throwing out her thoughts got me really into the game! I was digging it. We had finished our meal and it was time to go. Kris was going to change the baby and I was getting the stroller ready when I found myself picking up the book and picking up where we left off. Awesome. Kris caught me as I put it down. I was trying to keep her from seeing me, but I was too slow, too caught up in the book.

I guess I'll be getting a book!


This picture of Jennifer was at Autobell. It was a nice day and mom deserved a good car cleaning. While we were out enjoying the day, I found this flower to put in her ear. It was soo cute!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home