Shaw Family Diary

This is the chronicles of the Shaw family. . .

Shaw Family Photo Page Shaw Family Video Page See Ya Love Ya page

Monday, October 16, 2006

Crisis - HD goes out!!!

I'm trying to relax with the wife, but at the same time, ramping up for the football games. Picture In Picture and all! As luck would have it, my HD blew a lamp today. No fuzzy look, dim picture, nothing! I've had it since June of '05, so I guess I'm lucky since I've viewed the web and read about folks losing theirs in months. Usually, I watch my set in the 'Theater Pro' mode. However, today my wife just got back from NY and I wanted her to watch Mr. and Mrs. Smith with me, great movie. Anyhow, I change the video from 'Theater Pro' to standard, as I have cathedral ceilings and the upper windows let in a little too much light today. About 20 minutes into the movie, puff, it goes out, flashing blinking lights and all. I have to admit, the surround sound was up loud and I didn't hear anything.

I had bought mine at Best Buy and I had the extend warranty, in home repair. It was about $300 for 3 years after the manufactures'. Since that's what a lamp cost at the time, I figured it was worth it. Well, I hear today, they will be out Tuesday. Right I said. I exclaim, "Do you have any ideas how many football games I'll be missing . . All of them." Anyhow they couldn't help me, save the tech scheduled for Tuesday. So I call the local Best Buy store. I asked for the manager and explained my dilemma. Not much was offered there, so I gave him something to look forward to Monday. I told him that if my TV was not repaired today, I will be at the store Monday to set up camp at their showroom, with my family, for our daily dose of normal TV watching. Oh and YES, I do plan to watch the game that starts at 2000est Monday or get a new model. Let's see how that goes.

I noticed these folks showed 62 lamps in stock today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home