Shaw Family Diary

This is the chronicles of the Shaw family. . .

Shaw Family Photo Page Shaw Family Video Page See Ya Love Ya page

Friday, February 02, 2007

Snow Day In Charlotte


We got about 2 inches of snow on Thursday, February 1! They closed all the schools, so we all went out sledding and we had a snow ball fight. It was cold, but a lot of fun.



Dad Notes:

It is about time!!! We have been waiting for this all year, and now it's like the next year. Whatever that just meant. Ok, we had snow! I was up early for work, 1 in the morning. I couldn't sleep and my default activity is work. What is the world, me, coming too?!?

It was to snow that day, but I wasn't seeing any snow. Then when mom got up, it started to flake a little. If flaked a little more and a little more, and then it was all over the place. Waited for mom. What was that all about? I would have woke her. Anyway. I went and got Austin. It was around 0530est. I cared him down. He thought it was cool and then wanted me to caring him back to bed. So, off to bed he went. In another hour he was up and ready to play outside. We wolfed down some breakfast and headed out. WOW, was this the fun part or what? We threw snowballs, made bigger snowballs, tried to get a snowman up, and took the sleds down and hit the slopes. Well, the driveways.
Hey, it was still fun. If you did it right, you get sled down the driveway, on to the street and down the cul-de-sac. That was a rare event, but happened a couple of times. Oh yes, I was sledding too!!! Heck yea! Got the sore tail bone to prove it! The extra 40lbs will do that to yea. As a matter of fact, I'm still sore. But it was fun. Even Jennifer and Mom were out. It was great to see Jennifer see it all new. You know, first time stuff. She would put her hand out and let the snow fall in it. It was cute. She would laugh and point at us too. Mom was great too. She always is. She took care of us later too. We had to get in and warm up just before lunch. Austin really got some numb fingers.

More photos

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home