Shaw Family Diary

This is the chronicles of the Shaw family. . .

Shaw Family Photo Page Shaw Family Video Page See Ya Love Ya page

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Mission work anyone?


I just got a call from my brother Danny in Phoenix. He just got back from mission work in Rocky Point, Mexico. Now, the last time I was there was in college at NAU. It was the party hang out. Take off Friday night, be there that night and party all night till Sunday noon. We had to sleep a few hours before trying to get back over the boarder you know. Anyways, my brother and I are much older now and are doing our part to give back. We owe it to society and we know it. Usually my offering is much easier on the back, since I do computer work. Folks still need that too. However, I'm thinking about joining my brother on these monthly, or so, missions. This last one was to help build up a rundown women's shelter.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shawzer/slideshow?.dir=/794ere2&.src=ph

It looks most impressive to have that many diverse folks get together for a common cause. I think this would be a great learning experience for my offspring as well. I do wonder how they will take to it. Ok, I’m done wondering. I think I'll take my older daughter first. She might like the trip to Phoenix, but the mission work will be very rewarding. There is nothing like helping others to build self awareness and esteem. Plus, it will build character and mold our children of the future. (My political correctness stab). She will also have something to write about at school too. The more I think about it, the faster I'm going to get a plane ticket. This is a great idea!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home